Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 21, 2008

Day 13 - Cruise; Athens, Greece

Today we woke up at 5:00 am because we wanted to get off the ship as soon as we could. I was kind of cranky in the first few hours.

First we took a train up to the base of the big hill the Parthenon was on. It was a difficult climb up, but at the top we took lots of pictures. The Parthenon was nice, but I wish they weren't restoring it then because we couldn't see it well.

We had McDonald's for lunch and then went shopping. It turns out that Athens has a lot more stray dogs than Turkey. I counted 32!

Before we went on the boat, we bought some seeds and I got to feed some pigeons. They hopped all over me and some settled on my shoulder and on my arm. It was the highlight of my day!

1 comment:

wendy said...

There is no way that we can get up at 5am. You are good!